Stress, anxiety, sleep disorders, thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance, binge eating, depression and faulty food habits, all these can lead to unwanted abdominal girth. And this is more pronounced in women than men, although the ailments mentioned above are not entirely restricted to women. Thanks to the many different forms of abs exercises that have proved to be a boon for the men folk and womenfolk alike.
It won’t be wrong to mention here that you cannot see results overnight. There is no magic potion that will give you the right tone of the muscles with the snap of a finger. Essentially, if you have patience and perseverance, you can get results after a short time span. However, you will have to religiously follow your exercise regime on a daily basis. Leaving it midway will do more harm than good.
Here we will focus mainly on the abs exercises for women and the essential aspects of the same.
Benefits of abs exercises for women
Prior to delving deeper into the details, let us find out how you can be benefited by the various abdominal exercises that individuals go ahead with these days.
- There is considerable toning and strengthening of the muscles of the abdomen.
- If you have a well toned body, it directly impacts your mental health and your mental health improves remarkably over a period of time.
- You can do away with hormonal imbalances, PCOD being a classical example in women.
- You find yourself less stressed out
- You are able to deal with everyday problems with much ease as your mental health has also improved.
- You can do away with disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Forms of abs exercises for women
The most popular and commonly opted forms of abdominal exercises for women are as follows-
- Bicycle – All you have to do is pedal as if you are riding a bicycle. You can take breaks and repeat the exercise for 15 to 20 minutes and then gradually increase it.
- Abdominal hold – In this form of exercise, you can take the support of a bench with both your hands and put the entire weight of your body on those two hands. Hold this posture for sometime (you can count 1 to20) and then return to your original posture. You can repeat the same cycle daily.
- Raising the opposite arms and legs –This is also a simple form of exercise. If you are raising your right hand, you have to raise your left leg and vice versa. This exercise can be done for 5 minutes to start with and then you can increase the duration steadily.
If you have doubts about any exercise and whether it will be suitable for you, it is best to consult a medical practitioner beforehand.